A ROYAL Air Force jet opened fire on a mysterious UFO over Syria, an investigative filmmaker has claimed.
Jeremy Corbell also revealed what he claims is the first picture of the unknown craft – and suggested the official version of the encounter is not the whole story.
Corbell – who is behind a string of bombshell leaked videos involving UFOs and the US military – revealed his latest claims in a podcast with veteran journalist George Knapp.
He said that during his investigation, he came across a “really weird” image of the target – and claimed it had been labelled as an Unidentified Anomalous Phenomenon (UAP) in secret intelligence reports.
He said he was able to confirm the image of the UAP was associated with the air-to-air missile shooting over Syria on December 14, 2021.
Back then, the Ministry of Defence called the unprecedented target a “hostile terrorist drone”, and reported that an RAF Typhoon shot it down after it posed a threat to Coalition forces in the area.
It was the first time the RAF had an air-to-air combat engagement since the Falklands War almost 40 years ago.
However, Corbell cast doubt on the official version and claimed there are “discrepancies” in the public report.
According to the filmmaker, the object was not a hostile terrorist drone, but a UAP with unknown origin and flight characteristics other than what human-made aircraft have.
He said: “We have been able to confirm the image was associated with the air-to-air shooting by the RAF jets, and the vehicle in the image was labelled as UAP.
Most read in The Sun
“In fact, it was used as an example of UAP in an internal intelligence product.
“While the media had reported it to be a hostile terrorist drone, the entire intelligence community said it was a UAP.”
While it seems Corbell does not have credible proof to back up his arguments, he says the CENTCOM has been tracking UAPs for the past 15 years – and says it is plausible that these flying objects could be extraterrestrial.
But this is not the first time when the investigative filmmaker made such huge claims.
Corbell previously told The US Sun that Russia and the US have fired weapons at UFOs “recently and regularly with increased frequency”.
The filmmaker also appeared on TalkTV, doubling down on his claim as he alleged videos of the aerial engagements exist and he has seen them.
He also vowed to testify to Congress about the incidents to help break down the secrecy and stigma around the UFO topic.
The shape – which is said to have been half the size of a football pitch – was spotted in the sky near the US military training range and camp at 29 Palms.
It is claimed the military fired illumination rounds towards the object – and forces spent three hours searching for the object.
Read More on The US Sun
And the Pentagon’s new UFO investigation unit has been notified of the incident, according to Corbell.
The encounter occurred on April 20, 2021, but the footage was only released by Corbell this year.